Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Licenses, licenses, licenses

Tonight I did a long overdue audit of all the files in the project, their licenses, and aggregating all of that in a LICENSE file. A friend of mine had contributed one of the C source files, so with his blessing I added the copyright notice and licensing terms.

There are three files with no licenses at all, and those will have to wait for another day. The good news is there's no GPL code being compiled into the server code that I can find. I think anything that is compiled into the server has to be compatible with Xerox's licensing terms, and I doubt the GPL fits.

I've been doing some tinkering with the autoconf stuff too; I changed the configure options from --enable-wooblam to --with-wooblam, which seems more natural-sounding to me.

And I've filed a few tickets. It's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment